EDET 677 Week 7 Essential Question: What are the rules for your makerspace?
- Anything is possible- be creative, don’t give up!
- Everyone’s interests and activities are valued- we are all here to make, tinker and play! (Martinez, et.al., loc. 3644).
- Progress should always be documented- record, take a picture, or just remember to document your progress! (loc., 3656).
- “Collaborations through the air.” Share your project with anyone, anytime! (loc., 3681).
- Report all injuries. “Safety in School Makerspaces”
- Always use appropriate safety equipment. Dress accordingly, use protective gear. “SLO Makerspace…”
- Prepare, familiarize yourself with the makerspace, tools, locations of first aid/fire extinguisher, safety equipment. “Safety in School Makerspaces”
- Operate the tools accordingly.
- Clean up- Make sure your work area is clean and return all tools to their proper locations when finished. (SLO Makerspace…)
- Most importantly, have fun!
SLO Makerspaces Rules and General Safety. (2013, December 26). Retrieved June 28, 2016, from http://www.slomakerspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/SLOMakerSpaceRulesandGeneralSafety.pdf
Hlubinka, M. (2013, September 02). Safety in School Makerspaces | Make:. Retrieved June 28, 2016, from http://makezine.com/2013/09/02/safety-in-school-makerspaces/
Martinez, S. L., & Stager, G. (n.d.). Invent to learn: Making, tinkering, and engineering in the classroom. Retrieved June 28, 2016.